Sunday, February 14, 2010

ArtsGive 2010

Last Night, my college held a fundraiser for Haiti relief called ArtsGive. It featured music, dance, theater, art, and even puppetry! It was a free event, but we asked for donations to 3 different charities and organizations doing work in Haiti. We also auctioned off art and old show posters.

I was able to participate in 3 different pieces throughout the night. I sang with the musical I am in later this semester (More on that another day.), did a piece of text from a Haitian writer, and performed a solo dance. My solo dance actually had a WDW connection! I danced to "We Go On" from Illuminations :) I felt it went really well, and it got a great reception from my friends and other audience members. My best friend recorded it, so when I get the video link I will post it here.

Update!- Here's the link to our musical performance from the show! I am the brunette in the red tshirt- second from the right! (I come in at about 1:28): Kingdom Come - Artsgive Performance!

All in all the night went very well! The performances went off without a hitch. It featured students from the divisions of music and theater. We also had a great performance from The Hide and Seek Effect- an up and coming band in my area. You should check them out!

We raised over $2000 to send to Haiti! How awesome is that?!

That's actually a really great number, considering the collection at the WVU vs. Pitt game (with 16,000 people in attendance) only raised $1700. We only had about 200 people. Just proves how powerful the arts can be and how generous supporters of the arts are.

In other news- I started a vlog! I don't have any videos yet, but I set up my YouTube channel. As soon as I get a video up, I will let you all know!

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment