Sunday, January 23, 2011

Here's the truth...

I'm scared to death that I didn't sound passionate enough and didn't say the right things in my interview. When she asked me why I want to work for Disney, I left out the biggest reason. I don't know how, I just know that I remembered it as she was asking me the next question. I am so mad at myself for doing that. It was something that would have sounded really great.
I'm also mad at myself for another thing. She asked me about theater experience and she asked me what the longest piece of text I ever memorized was. I said "A Shakespeare piece that I did recently. It was 2-3 minutes long and I memorized it in a week." That was so stupid. I know I've memorized things longer than that and I've memorized things quicker than that. GAAAHHH.

Why do I panic in situations like this?! Because when I do, I forget important things... I mean... I believe the rest of my interview went well, I'm just dwelling on the negatives. And I needed to air my frustrations somewhere- and what else are blogs for? So that's that. It's over. It's done with. I can't change it. Now I just have to wait.

Prayers, fingers crossed, and pixie dust that those things were just bad to me, not my interviewer...

3 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I did the same thing. My reason for wanting to do another CP that I told my interviewer is not what I would have told anyone else in a normal convo. I left out the part that it was the best 7 months of my life. I am totally second guessing myself but like you said I can't change anything now.
    Its totally ok though. I am sure we both will get in. And then we will look back at this and be like really, really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm picking up what you're putting down. i did the same exact thing too. and it's giving me so much anxiety. i had so many amazing answers planned out but then when the time came and she asked me the questions i was anticipating, i said something completely different. and i rambled.

    here's the thing though. we were meant to work at disney world. it's just true. and it's obvious. they can sense that. i think we'll be fine. we just need to stop obsessing over everything we did wrong and think about all the right things we said! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same wayyy! I totally forgot to tell her I had taken a public speaking class before and I feel like I didn't express enough how much I wanted a role in BBB because she didn't ask me any other questions on it besides the "do you have hair experience?" question everyone gets. UGH. I'm sure we're all just focusing on the stuff we didn't say and we probably said a lot of awesome stuff. I agree with Diana, we're meant to work there! We're too obsessed to not get in!!

    ReplyDelete